description Emotional intelligence
 
bg | en
 
   
   
Why Emotional intelligence? Is EQ just psychologists’ newest whim? Is it actually intelligence?

It is still difficult to determine how much influence exactly does emotional intelligence have on a person’s life and career, but there are surveys that hint , that EQ is not only conclusive, but of even greater importance than IQ. The managing and understanding of emotions does not contradict intellect. “Emotional intelligence is the ability to perceive emotions; to access and generate emotions so as to assist thought; to understand emotions and emotional knowledge; and to reflectively regulate emotions so as to promote emotional and intellectual growth.”

There are over half a million web pages on the topic of emotional intelligence and they all claim to have the right definition. It is thought, that EQ is the key to any kind of success, because if 20% of our achievements depend on our logic (IQ), then the other 80 % depend on managing our relationships with others (EQ). This is intelligence that is based on emotions. People, who have this skill are not prone to depressions; they are healthier, more successful and have better relationships.

By emotional intelligence (often measured by an Emotional intelligence Quotient (EQ)) we understand the ability to perceive, asses and manage our emotions and of others as well; these skills are helpful in the decision making and rationalization process; this is the conscious management of emotions, so that an emotional and intellectual growth can be achieved.

With the trainings and consultations, that we offer, we do not aim to give definitions, but to use this treasure of knowledge, so that we can help and develop a person’s ability to be more confident, persuasive, creative, tolerant, trust-inspiring.

Emotional intelligence gives us a new way for analyzing and understanding human behavior, management styles, attitude, relationships skills and potential. Emotional intelligence is of great importance in the development of human resources, human job analysis, recruitment, interviewing and selection, change and development management and many other activities coherent with client relations and interacting.

We can become more productive and successful in what we do and help other people as well. The process and outcomes of EQ development also contain many elements known to reduce stress for individuals and organizations, by decreasing conflict, improving relationships and understanding, and increasing stability, continuity and harmony.